- Denial – No, you can’t do this to me, I just got everything set up!
- Anger – How dare you mess up my carefully planned [whatever]. Who do you think you are?!?
- Depression – The day is a loss. The week is ruined. We’re doooooooomed.
- Resignation – Oh well. It’s out of my control. I can’t change it.
- Acceptance – It is what it is, so I’ll just rework everything else and go from there.
I am a creature of habit. I have my way of doing things, and once I get a pattern established, I like to stick with the pattern unless I choose to change. I do not respond well to being acted upon by an outside force/administrator/dispatcher/scheduler. Especially multiple redirections or deflections of schedule in a short period, all of which are caused by human action, not Forces of Nature. (Snowvid 21 was outside anyone’s control. “We’re moving the track meet to during the school day because parents want better light for photos,” is the sort of thing that harshes my mellow. [I exaggerate the reason, but I was still irked.])